Tuesday, May 12, 2009

the big day came to leave. the van was packed and i was going to be dropped off at Scot's house and we were all going to meet up in a few hours in Reno...jut tto keep together. the first show we ere hooking up with the tour was in Newport, Kentucky, which is right across the bridge from Cincinnati. The Jocky Club.
everyone was happy and ready to go. Debbie andi had becme really close. she felt a bit funny about leaving me with Scot and not having me with the rest of the band. i think everybody thought i was being a little selfish wanting to travel in a more private way... but i felt it was going to be more fun with my old friend and easy for me to relax and see the scenery. so we all were laughing and joking and soon the others were getting in the van to leave...Scot said we would b leaving in an hour or so because he had a few last minuite errands to run. as we watched them pulling away, he turned to me and sid..."well, i guess i should tell you.." my house mates have kicked me out and they want me to enpty my room before i leave!"
"you're fucking kidding??"
"no. they will let me store it in the garage till i get back, but they want the room empty so they can rent it out."
I sat the for a few seconds letting the reality of what that meant sink in.
"so, are you telling me you have to pack all your hit up and move it into th garage before we leave?" i saked.
""Yeah. I'm going to go score some speed, though to help me do it fast...it'll only take a couple of hours".
"Score some Speed?? Where?"
I sort of faded away at that moment and didn't even hear what he said. the band had just left. and here i sat with the wort news i could hear.
this was around 2 in the after noon. around 6 the next morning we left.
the mood way a sort of harrow-night mare feeling of rage in me. the night was really a test of out friendhip. but really what could i do? being buzzed he wa taking forever to every little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment