Monday, May 18, 2009

Teh Dicks were supposed to play that night at the Jocky Cub in Cincinnati-Newport Kentucky. As we drove as fast we could e realized we were never in hell going to make it. we were pulling into Salt Lke City when I toid Scot we had to call the Yippies and let them know what was going on. I wanted so bad to talk to Debbie or Buxf. but really there was no way to track anybody down.
I knew Scot felt bad for fucking up and wanted to make things right. also knowing the other folks had not wanted him to even go, he was not looking forward to meeting up with everyone late. He had the idea that he would call the contact number we had and try to get them to fly me from Salt Lake City to Cincinnati. and he would meet up the next day where ever the show was. He was on the rod ide pay phone for ever. of course they didn't want to di it, but he talked them into it! #hen he returned to the truck and told me we had to get to the SLC airport at once to get me on a flight i was shocked ... but happy to know i was going to meet up in time to do the show plus reunite with my band. the plan was made to have scot meet us late the net day or so. and before i knew it i was landing in the beautiful Cincinnati Airport. All i knew was 'somebody' was supposed to meet me and drive me to the club. i had no idea who to look for, but leaving it to fate i got off the plane and stood in the passenger meeting area...in my foggy memorie i barely remember the two guy ho strolled up and asked if i was Gary Floyd. Here i as about 250 lbs, wild bleached blond hair, a torn up black safty pinned sweater, a cloth bag with a picture of Chairman Mao on it..."yep, tht's me", i said.
they were too cool to b very talkative to me. they chatted amoung them selves, but motly ignored me in the back seat. i thought they were pricks. it took a while to get to the Club. and what a club it was. an old, dank, dusty place....much like many punk clubs i've played in. Once it was most likely a fancy place that time had not been too good to. as we pulled up i was Buxf and Glen standing around outside. i was never so happy to see anybody. i couldn't wait to get out the car driven by the two coolsters. the whole way neither spoke to me. fuck 'em. i jumped out of the car and ran up and hugged my two friends. they were already drinking and i and i wanted some beer bad. When i saw Debbie we ran and hugged each other. :What th fuck happened?" she not so sweetly asked.
"You don't want to know...a nightmare happened", I told her and the band. i told the story and we all laughed at the situation. i looked around the place and saw Dave and Ron of MDC. we hugged and laughed with me telling the story again and again...with each beer i added more details and lost the mad feelings as we laughed at the thought of Scot browsing through his photo album as i panicked and waanted to chock him. "there's a lot of hippies on this tour", Debbie tole me with a scowl. " I can see that." i said glancing at the guy on stage. a sort of one man band playing a little keyboard and singing some silly crap i could tell i was going to hate.
"Is this guy on the whole tour?" i asked
"I'm afraid so".
He was just one of many hippie extream weird-o's who were 'rocking against
Reagan'.
i started to notice the whole buch of us touring together. MDC, Dicks, DRI, the Crucifucks and then a bunch of bands and other's i never saw play a note if i could help it.
we played pretty early on the bill, which was fine with me. i got drunk and we all had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment